• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 days ago

I stopped visiting very shortly after it opened up because every post was stuff like you said:

• “Where those gunshots?”
      • No it was the prick 2 blocks over that lights off fireworks all year long or the train yard that’s about a mile from here.
    • “Tall man in hoodie walks down street! Who has photos?”
      • I might. I’m tall, usually wear a hoodie, and am able to walk.
    • “Thieves walk among us! I left a bowl of walnuts on my porch overnight and now they’re gone!!!”
      • That explains the squirrel sitting on my fence patting its belly.

I used to think I just had extra shitty neighbors, but I’ve heard similar from a lot of people.

• Korne127@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 days ago

Maybe it’s not that the neighbours are awful but that the subset of neighbours that use this kind of app is mostly awful.

• Carl@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

Omg, my neighbour feeds the squirrels also, because he thinks they can’t fend for themselves… So I had shells, bread, trays for water, etc. just littered at my front door. While he lives above me, not thinking about the consequences of feeding wild animals.

• KellysNokia@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 days ago

The trouble is caused by completely unreasonable folks who if it weren’t for the internet would be silently stuck in their house peering out the window and keeping their miserable energy to themselves.

…thinking about it a similar explanation goes for a lot of toxicity you see on the internet!