link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I’m wondering if I prefer my taxes to pay musk, or just outsource the US or something and have them launch our satellites lol.

Depending on the difference, even if slightly more expensive, going with the US would be preferable imo.

I’d rather pay a country than a company from a filthy rich insane person.

• Literati@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

You can’t really outsource to the US in that way. Launching with SpaceX is outsourcing to the US. Your other options are just picking a different US launch provider, which is still a private company. The US government isn’t providing launch as a service in the way that SpaceX or other launch providers do.

• Sigmatics@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

In fact the US launches 98% of their payload volume to space on SpaceX rockets at this point

• Waker@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

Ah fuck… Thought nada or something could have their own rockets. But I get what you mean… Shame we don’t have anything similar in the EU. One can hope… One day…

• Gladaed@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

A country of filthy rich insanely Personen or just a Single one? Probably better to just choose the more economical. I would also expect musks to be more ecological.

• Waker@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Yeah I mean if it’s way cheaper then I wouldn’t be too bothered. However if the difference isn’t that much, I’d prefer the US. At least we’re contributing to their economy and after all they’re a friendly country.