• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

No smartass i will want to get on a fucking bus or tram that provide these benefits and more, with other people that might actually talk to me, help me and allow me to be part of society. Fucking hell get your 1950s science fiction fantasies outta here.

• Kostyeah@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

I dispise tech-bro idea that every problem needs a new gadget to solve it. This issue was solved more than 100 years ago, the answer is more trains.

• Cypher@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Ahh yea the trains my city spent a billion dollars on to build half what they planned, late, already crumbling infrastructure just four years after delivering it that doesn’t have a single stop on my side of town.

Trains sure are awesome.

• Cypher@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            4 months ago

So I should vote right wing then? My city is run by green left morons who wouldn’t know dodgy concrete until it costs then 300 million in repairs.

• kciwsnurb@aussie.zone
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              4 months ago

I can’t tell you who/what to vote. But I’m glad we agree that the city is the issue.

• Kostyeah@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

Because car infrastructure is never delayed and always cheap right? What are you trying to do here?

• Scubus@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

i will want to get on a fucking bus or tram that provide these benefits and more,

YES

with other people that might actually talk to me,

NO

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

I see you, but when you get old and lonely the second part will slowly become more and more attractive i would think.

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Around here it is. Every local public transport vehicle has either level entrance or ways to help people on board. Also reserved seats close to the entrance that people have to give up.

• Trailblazing Braille Taser@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

All I’m saying is that accessibility is not a solved problem. Disabled people still need to haul themselves to the station/stop and then to wherever they need to go. Even just riding on public transit can be more taxing in terms of keeping your body upright, fighting against inertia every time it stops and starts. Public transit can be great, but you have to admit it’s less accessible than a car that comes to your door.