• RBG
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Maybe I missed it but my ultimate pet peeve of these articles about scientific breakthroughs is that they neither credit a single name of a scientist in their article nor even just putting a single link to the work. I know its likely behind a paywall (darn you scientific publishing), but still!

I browsed a bit through Nature Communications and haven’t seen the article…

• RBG
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I missed the name, thank you!

• i_have_no_enemies@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

more like darn you current interpretation of capitalism for forcing all of us to keep us hungry for profit in order to survive

surely there is a better economic model right?

• Richard@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

If your understanding of “better” is following a single-party ideology, loss of freedom and individuality as well as censorship of speech, then yes, there are “better” models.

• MisterFrog@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Journalists barely cite anything. “A study from this organisation says this.” Don’t tell you when it was published, or link to the official website. Nada.

Journalists are pretty trash at citing their sources on average. I think it’s wild most countries don’t seem to regulate this. It would do wonders for archives of news content so that you can actually follow up on the story to it’s source.