• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Isn’t qobuz like $5/month or something? How do you pay for something and they ban you because they can’t track you further? Complete idiocy.

• Antaeus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

They have to. The license is different from region to region. It sucks, but it is how streaming services can survive until we get global agreements

• MigratingtoLemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

This is nasty.

With that said, I personally think that Qobuz is better than the likes of Tidal, simply because they pay the artist more.

Just my opinion. But do what suits you. I usually just look from recommendations from YouTube and rip from Qobuz/Tidal/Apple anyway

• LWD@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I see a lot of alternative recommendations here, but there’s a little bit of a problem with that: it’s really easy for a company to get a list of VPN IP addresses to ban. They could do it on their own to some success, but I bet there are lists online that are being shared around already.

• Gazumi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I disconnected temporarily, signed in and then restarted my VPN. I did that connected to a safe cafe wifi. Works well straight after that. If they try it again or block VPN use again, will switch

• AwkwardLookMonkeyPuppet@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

What do you mean “If it blocks the data center blocks”? Are you talking about IP blocks? Most VPN don’t block anything, they just act as a proxy.