• psychothumbs@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Throughout the hearing, Grusch said he cannot expand on his bold allegations that the U.S. is in possession of alien technology and the remains of non-human pilots whose UFOs had crashed. Because the majority of the information Grusch alleges he is aware of is classified, most of his answers are brief. “I can’t discuss that in an open session,” he said on several occasions. Because he has filed a whistleblower complaint, he is also unable to provide corroborating information about the cover-up. When Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez asked where the subcommittee could look for more information and whether any other officials could come forward, Grusch said he could not answer.

While Grusch has not yet produced evidence of his allegations, throughout the hearing he encouraged Congress to “hold our government” accountable and to “thoroughly investigate these claims.” He added: “As I stand here under oath now, I am speaking to the facts as I have been told them.”

But members of Congress could soon know more. Grusch said several times that he could further debrief representatives in an SCIF — a sound-proofed room for officials with security clearances used to disclose sensitive information.

It’s fairly suspicious that Grusch is claiming he wants to blow the lid off this whole thing, but then refuses to provide any evidence beyond repetition of anonymous hearsay in public. If you have some real information share it! The current situation feels like it was designed to let people think he has secret evidence while providing an excuse for not having to produce it.

That being said, the ball is now in congress’s court, for whatever that is worth. Grusch has got to tell them SOMETHING in these SCIF sessions, and that will either be some serious evidence in the form of names and documents and locations, or it will be a bunch of bullshit. Not sure how much I trust our politicians to untangle that, but hopefully they at least will do what Grusch hasn’t and publicize the evidence they acquire.

What are your thoughts on what happens next here?

• xyzzy@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

No. The piece is slanted and that’s immediately obvious to anyone who watched the hearing.

Grusch said multiple times that he was ready and willing to share more detailed information in a SCIF (sensitive compartmented information facility) and said he could provide a specific and detailed list of names of departments as well as individuals who have firsthand knowledge, indicating who would be hostile and who would be receptive to the inquiry.

The fact that some organizations choose to omit key details only means they’re hostile to the subject matter. CBS News did something similar and led with the anchor and correspondent’s smug and thinly-veiled opinions masquerading as credible reporting.

If a senior person in the Pentagon, supported by multiple senior (sometimes very senior) people, is saying under penalty of perjury that there needs to be an investigation into allocation of funds and obstruction of congressional oversight, and he’s willing to name names in a way that preserves confidentiality, it seems like that’s worth reporting on.

• psychothumbs@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I’m not sure what you’re disagreeing with or saying the piece left out here. Yes as I just said Grusch claimed to have details, but so far we don’t have any evidence of that besides his word. Certainly worth looking into, with the rubber hitting the road in this SCIF sessions in terms of whether he has anything real.

• TokenBoomer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s a psyOp. He’d be dead if he had evidence. That’s why they let him testify. You want disclosure and transparency on ufo’s? Sure. Look at that while we embezzle billions for defense contractors.

• Jordan_the_hutt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

This is a psyOp but I don’t think it’s a lie. Since the 2020 (2019? I cant remember) NYT article it seems there’s been an intentional slow drip of information preparing the public to accept NHI. Will we ever get full disclosure? Probably not. Is Grusche telling the truth? I think so. I bet we will see photo/video of UAP in the next 3 years