• Faceman🇦🇺
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Only windhand album I haven’t picked up yet. Need to remember to grab a copy next time I’m at my local.

I’m lucky enough to have a metal specific record store nearby that takes all of my money.

• disfigured_corpse@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

This is the only one that I have of theirs. It’s the only album I really know too. This album is crushingly heavy though. Plus Dorthia has such a great voice and it mixes so well with the riffs. There is a beautiful acoustic song on this album too.

• Faceman🇦🇺
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Sparrow wasn’t it? Gorgeous track, I love her voice.

You’d also like her solo work in that case.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Yeah, that’s the track. It’s such a beautiful song. Plus it sets the mood for the rest of the album perfectly. I’ll have to check out her solo stuff too.

• Faceman🇦🇺
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            4 months ago

And their previous album Soma, it’s a bit more raw but also has another acoustic track.

Fantastic Album.

• kamenLady.@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Gonna check it out. I’m very much enjoying Dr. Colossus, heard of them for the first time from your post and it’s getting better with each hearing.cheers

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Oh man, that’s so great to hear. I was a huge Simpsons nerd growing up, so finding out about that band hit me hard haha. Plus I think they’re way better than that Ned Flanders based band.

• kamenLady.@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Same with me, when the Simpsons started airing, there wasn’t anything like this on TV, i couldn’t wait for new episodes.

Okilly Dokilly? I always found it too much in the nose, all members looking like Flanders, their angry attitude is too styled, idk… Dr. Colossus hit me on another level, like when hearing that album a second time, i had to stop what i was doing, lean back, close my eyes and listen.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Yeah that was the band. I remember seeing the video for white wine spritzer when it came out and thinking it was lame. I’m just not a fan of that style metalcore and I thought the lyrics were really lazy.

Plus you know Dr Colossus is legit when they named the band after a character that you only see once or twice on the show haha.