• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

We picked up this episode right from where we left off last time. The reward this time is a bit different. I guess Yuuki just really wants to protect Kyouka? Idk, you do you Yuuki. In any case, Yuuki got to go into a flashback about his sister, so you already know who else is going to show up this episode…

That’s right, Aoba shows up and she seems able to command Yuuki? Like, it wasn’t clear from the episode whether Yuuki was compelled to obey Aoba or whether he instinctively listened to her because he knew it was his sister. I am hoping that we get some more insight into that moment as we go. As for his sister, apparently these humanoids are all humans that have become this way due to the peaches. They didn’t really go into much detail here. Aoba said it would be quicker to show us than explain things, but then proceeded to show us stuff that didn’t explain anything. So…more to come I guess. Main takeaway is that they hate the Anti Demon Corps and want to live here with Yuuki. Also, mato mushrooms are not suitable for Yuuki, he gets pretty silly:

I guess one thing that has worked out for Yuuki is that, since both the squad 6 and 7 captains like him, they have joined forces to try to get him back. So, looking forward to that coming confrontation. Nei was so cute saluting them as they left at the end of the episode, I had to have her as the lead image.

• Eatsuki@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

It’s going to be such a hard choice for Yuuki when this all comes to a head. I was sitting there trying to figure out what I would do in his position, and I couldn’t really decide. On one end, your sister that you thought was lost is back, with a bunch of people who look like they got put in a bad situation through no fault of their own. On the other end, all of humanity, plus your newly found “family” that you’ve become a part of. However, the fact that I care this much means that this silly little ecchi show has done a good job with the story.

• MentalEdge@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

The discussion guide seems to link to the episode 8 post instead of here. Also I need to watch this episode at some point.

• wjs018@ani.socialOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out. I am shocked that I haven’t messed up that thread more often considering how prone to errors fiddling with markdown on mobile can be.