• HaSch@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

USSR penal code, article 08.15 (Unauthorised airing of communist beliefs):

Whoever uses written, oral, or digital communications to profess communist beliefs despite not being a communist party member shall go straight to gulag for no fewer than 69 years and with no possibility of parole.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

If you are a wannabe nazi/idolize/identify as a Nazi. You are a Nazi. You might not be a competent nazi, but you are still a nazi.

It’s a REALLY easy distinction to make as they rarely, if ever, try to hide the fact. They are usually proud of it!

• lil_tank@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Sure, there are a lot of people calling themselves comunists who would be in trouble in the USSR, like, Trotskyists and ancoms for example.

• Marxism-Fennekinism@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I see a lot of people who call themselves Nazis, but if they were in Nazi Germany they would be shot or sent to an extermination camp.

And that’s not a joke because the vast majority of Neonazis today do not the fit the arbitrary Nazi criteria of being “Aryans.” (Chose not to say “they’re not aryans” because I don’t want to validate Nazi ideology even a litte.) Can’t even accuse me of whataboutism either because that would literally be what would happen.

• Anarcho-Bolshevik@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I don’t know what the context is here, so I have been reluctant to comment, but I’ll give it a shot. Although I agree that wearing Axis uniforms is a cause for suspicion or concern, I would not say that that in and of itself confirms that the wearer is an Axis sympathizer. Some (maybe even most) wearers are! But there are also others who are simply acting; putting on a show for the amusement of their—probably Allied—friends or acquaintances; ‘a psychodrama, major. Rôle‐play. A standard tool for therapy.’ as Colonel Kane put it. They may be pretending to be Axis so that their friends or acquaintances get a chance to take vengeance on Axis personnel. It all depends on the context.

That said, the analogy that the first replier used was flawed. The thing is that the Enclave, Darth Vader, and the “Rangers” refer to fictional entities. The Axis was real, and so are neofascists, some of whom do cosplay as Axis personnel. I would not immediately conclude that somebody wearing an Axis uniform is a neofascist, but it is usually a valid cause for suspicion.