Hopefully it’s not a repost, but as a Gowron fan it always gets me to crack a smile.

• roofuskit@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

The reposts come rapid fire around here. I think this is already the 3rd time this has been posted since the reddit migration.

• roofuskit@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

lol, you’d think a television and film franchise with over 700 hours of content would have a larger variety of popular memes.

• GaiusGornicusCaesar@startrek.website
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Sorry. We only got glorious gowron eyes, attention bajoran workers, and whatever picard/data/laforge says. Any other template is blasphemy and you will be sent to Rura Penthe.

• Dharma Curious@startrek.website
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

Without question. Majel was the GOAT, too. I’ve always gotten this very sad vibe from her life story. Cheated out of being second in command of a star ship for being too “Manish,” relegated to an occasional side roll as a love lorn, and unlovable, nurse, then Lwaxana was very much so cast the same way, as undesirable, and while worthy of love, unable to actually achieve it. All while in real life she was being repeatedly cheated on by Roddenberry. At least Lwaxana got some real character development, and is a badass strong woman in her own right.

I’m so glad that SNW is giving her two TOS era characters the respect they deserved, and making them into the badasses that Majel deserves to play. It’s a great homage to her. They’ve also done a really good job at mimicking her voice for the computer in several scenes.

Sorry😅 that’s a wall of text to say that Majel Barrett rocks and Lwaxana is my favorite character of hers.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Okay. Rules changed. Only Glorious Gowron (eyes), Attention Bajoran Workers, Whatever Picard/Data/LaForge/Jellico says, and Horny Lwaxana. Any other though, and you will appear before the Cardassian Court.

• Honytawk@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This is it!

This is the picture I have been looking for so long! In my opinion, the best Star Trek joke to date

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

No! Even if you did create it, it is a repost! Us romulans made and posted it first!!! -Commander Tomalak, Romulan Liar Personally Acclaimed Speaker of Truth.