• Stillhart@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

As much as I love my Model X, I would recommend nobody go near Tesla until they get their supply chain shit together. Mine has been in the shop since NOVEMBER waiting for parts from Tesla. That’s beyond absurd.

I can’t imagine established manufacturers like Ford making that kind of mistake.

• VitaMan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That is ubsurd, but not the case for Model 3 or Y. My friends Model 3 was in an a bad accident, he had his back after 2 weeks. Unfortunately, it seems that Tesla is not making the parts for the Model S and X in enough quantities to supply parts for existing vehicles.

• Dr. Dabbles@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

My drive unit blew on my model 3 and it was over a month. I promise you, Tesla’s not working on improving their service experience, and after 5 years of ownership, I’m a proud member of the one-and-done Tesla owner’s club.

• Stillhart@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I really do love my Model X but I just can’t in any way condone owning a Tesla at this point. It’s just not viable with how bad the service is.

It’s fantastic that other mfrs are going to the Tesla plug now. Now we can get the best of both worlds: Tesla’s charging network with reliable cars.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

The plug isn’t the problem, it’s the fact that Electrify America is a punishment for VW rather than a business division. What we need is chargers that are operated as a business, and those have been coming since the NEVI funding and several other programs passed. 2024 sees the beginning of that funding being distributed, and by 2027 it will be completely doled out. That’s what we need. The plug is just a marketing tactic by Tesla.

• Stillhart@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Call it what you will, Tesla’s charging network is far superior to anything else in the US right now. Getting more cars access to that network is a win.

On top of that, standardizing the plug is a HUGE win for consumers no matter which standard gets chosen.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

There WAS a standard. The only company not playing was Tesla in North America. Everywhere else, the government did the sensible thing and required adoption of the existing standard. That’s why the plug was a distraction. I didn’t say anything about the network, and in fact panned one of their competitors.

You don’t have to see everything as an attack on Tesla.