• Astrealix@lemmy.worldOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Can’t imagine how he must’ve felt at that NLD — surely can’t put that into words.

Also, trans and gay rights are human rights.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Between him and Dele Alli, it’s amazing how footballers are finally willing to open up about mental health and issues like this on such a massive level. Like it or not, they have a massive platform, and their words do matter. Good to see them using it for good.

• coygsu@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The downside is that a player exposing such details allows an opposition player to gain material to psychologically manipulate said player. I mean, I wouldn’t limit it to just opposition players, even opposition fans will try to get in their heads using chants and shouts.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Ramsdale’s probably learnt enough to get it to not bother him based on this article, but yeah that’s certainly a thing. I hope they just keep it respectable. “Two Andy Gorams” still one of the best bits of banter lol

• Eabryt@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Incredible read.

I hate how much anger and aggression there is towards individual players online. I think it’s totally fair to debate if a player is good enough or if he’s right for our team, but at the end of the day they’re all human beings and there’s no reason to be literally abusing them.