What’s your favourite of his books? Got a good quote? Ever met him? Got some Pratcwhtty news? Then share away.

• Rottcodd@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think the best all around of the Discworld books is Guards! Guards!, but my personal favorite is Monstrous Regiment. And I have a special affection for Equal Rites - Eskarina was an awesome character.

Others that especially stood out to me - Mort, Feet of Clay, Wee Free Men, Small Gods, Thud!, The Last Hero and Night Watch.

• SayCyberOnceMore@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Favourite book for me has to be The Colour of Magic… and as for a character, I loved the background of Death and HOW HE TALKED… along with his side stories, like taking a holiday…

Oh, and I’ve not seen anyone mention Luggage… that was a great character too

• SuperApples@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My personal favourite is “Moving Pictures”, and I rarely see it mentioned. Great characters and great satire.

• ᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ 帝@feddit.ukOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Stamps celebrate Terry Pratchett’s Discworld saga, BBC

A set of stamps celebrating the 40th anniversary of Sir Terry Pratchett’s first Discworld novel, The Colour of Magic, has been published.

The author, who lived in Wiltshire, wrote 41 books in the Discworld series, the last of which was released after his death in 2015.

The set of eight stamps will go on general sale on 10 August.

40 years ago? I bought it when it came out but I can’t be that old can I? Checks passport… Bugger.

• okfuskee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I would say probably The Wee free Men is my favorite, but really most of his books are just damn great reads. Moist Von Lipwig was a great character too… all so good…

GNU Terry