• ludrol@bookwormstory.socialM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I was hoping for more from Gervasio chapter, but it was cut short when Rozemyne ascended. Hartmut spouting things like divine beauty beyond human comprehensions was on point.

From outside perspective Ferdinand and Rozemyne, not bound by social norms (as if she was ever) are like two peas in a pod. What did Ferdinand think dangling a book in front of her eyes.

• poltroon@bookwormstory.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Apparently the Gervasio chapter is fairly long and the next part will contain the conclusion, so his POV doesn’t stop there!

• earlgrey0@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Seriously I wanted the Gervasio chapter to end with him trying to figure out how to leave the gate now that his schtappe is broken. That or I hope next book opens with Ferdinand coming back to pick him up.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I was totally nooooooo! keep going, I wanted to see what happened when Mestionora took her body!

Maybe we’re going to get that from Ferdinand’s POV.

And yes, I love the way they are actually two complementary gremlins to outsiders.

• Neshura@bookwormstory.socialM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

These PoV chapters really give great insight how everyone around them treats a marriage between the two as the most normal conclusion to ever conclude

• the16bitgamer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

There was a little part of me that wanted to see that Gervasio was doing the right thing and he wasn’t a bastard… yeah his part proved to me that nope he wanted to kill everyone and had zero remorse.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I quite enjoyed Magdalena’s chapter. Delightfully quick on the uptake, as we would expect from all we know about her, and as a daughter of Dunkelfelger besides.