• hangonasecond@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

What absolute rubbish. It’d be alright if it felt like we tried to fight back but it seriously looked like arsenal the relegation candidates out there in the second half. In fact, I’ve watched a few games from the bottom 3 in the last month and I’d say mostly they look better.

I’m not rewatching anything from this game any time soon so this could be a really stupid take incoming - why the fuck was an attacking midfielder the only player to make it back for the second goal.

• Nuggsy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Yeah, I want to be positive, but I’m tired and about to go to bed.

I almost want to say we’ve been in such blistering form so there are positives to look forward to, but the performance was just shit. There was no fight or urgency, even defending from the 3 corners or so in a row. It made it feel like them going in was inevitable.

• hangonasecond@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Yep. The positive is that there are 6 games left to play. In saying that, I’m off the opinion that we always needed to be perfect to win the league. I think expecting city to drop points in the run in is a fools errand. All we can do is hope.