• Knighthawk 0811@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

American here, I pick on the same people for the same reasons.

The education system is pretty bad in many places and it’s done on purpose. An educated populous is harder to fool

• istdaslol@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Im also a Bit dim, so I wouldn’t put it pass them that they also thought that they meant 194 McDonalds more outside the us, than inside

• orclev@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah the way that was worded it was ambiguous, the number given could have referred to either the number of McDonalds outside the US or the number of other countries since both had been brought up previously. I myself on first reading it was like “I’m pretty sure there are more than 194 McDonalds outside of the US” before I realized they were referring to the number of countries there are.

I’m not sure I’d even try to give an exact number of countries since that changes somewhat depending on who and when you ask and how picky you want to be about what qualifies as a country.

• branchial@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh is it lets-pick-some-idiots-and-pretend-all-Americans-are-like-this o’clock already?

• o_o@fanaticus.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Why can’t people just respect one another and stop either being ignorant and rude or condescending?

• A_Chilean_Cyborg@feddit.cl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

there are reasons to heavily dislike the US from an historical Standpoint.

My country was stable, we were a legit democracy with functioning institutions, and the US intervention killed any chance of a peaceful, constitutional end to the crisis.

Latinoamerica was a lot more unstable than it needed to be thanks to foreign intervention, How better my country would have been if it just was allowed to develop? we would need to wait until 1990 to regain our freedom and democracy from the tyrannical regime the US imposed on us, the country did flourish for a while, but with deep scars that haunt it until this day, you may also consider the what would have happened with >10 years of stability and democracy to develop.

I kinda dislike the gringos, For that, their decadent culture, the end of the headphone Jack on high and some mid end devices, and all the guns that are contrabanded to our latinoamerican countries every day… shit doesn’t end.