That the House Oversight Committee would take the time to listen to allegations of dead aliens, crashed spacecraft and a secret government program to retrieve such technology, signifies just how seriously some U.S. politicians are treating the subject of UFOs, but a lack of evidence leaves many skeptical.

• Kill_joy@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

With inflation on the rise, a recession on the horizon, a former president facing criminal charges for attempting to dismantle our democracy, recovering from a pandemic while supporting a European war, continued gun violence as our children are massacred in schools and shopping malls, facing a staggering climate change and yet refusing to acknowledge its existence, and facing a growing political divide… The US government will do what ever it can to keep its people distracted and brain dead.

• Itty53@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The legal reason for hearing it at all was whistleblower protections. That was what the committee was hearing about, were whistleblower protections actually violated? Watch AOC’s line of questioning, it’s extremely telling.

The committee exists to oversee exactly that law because the people who would violate it are government employees. The reality of his claims are irrelevant, and the validity of his claims is also irrelevant.

The questions are “did her feel he had a valid concern to report”, yes, and “did he report it through the appropriate channels” (we don’t really know, this was exactly the topic of AOC’s questions, and this made Grusch visibly nervous), and finally, “did he suffer duress from superiors for having made those duly obligated reports?”. The answer to the last one depends entirely on what those proper channels are. You do not have protections by simply going to the public. You have to inform superiors up the chain of command.

It all feels incredibly tailored to make Congress a media side show while carefully dodging culpability for doing so. The entire point of “well I didn’t see anything, people told me and I believed them” is just far too conveniently placed, the stories he has all fall in line with what the alien sub culture already had well established in their lore. Too too convenient. I believe AOC was on to that because while she’s smart, it doesn’t take a genius to figure this out.

• some_guy@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Excellent analysis of the banality of these hearings.

Do people really think this is gonna end with Biden coming out saying “aliens are real, folks”?

• lowdownfool@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Do people really think this is gonna end with Biden coming out saying “aliens are real, folks”?

Yes, yes they do.

• JustHach@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I knew everyrhing I needed to know when the “evidence” presented was “non-human biologics found at UAP crash sites”, which could mean anything from alien corpses in a spaceship (unlikely) to bird shit on a weather balloon (highly likely)

All we need now is the ghost of Diogenes running into congress with a handful of bird turds going “BEHOLD! AN ALIEN!”.