• doctortofu@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s quite astonishing, looking at US republicans from afar. Every time I read some news about them I ask myself “CAN they even be any dumber and/or cartoonishly evil?”. And every single time the answer seems to be a resounding “YES!”, and sometimes “why not both?”…

• justinh_tx@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As giant a douchebag as Abbott is (and most if not all of the GOP), it saddens me that in 2023 there are still people who a) won’t stop working and take a drink when they need it, fuck the boss if he doesn’t like it, and worse managers who would try to disallow it in the first place. We shouldn’t have to have a law. This shit is common sense.

• dragna@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Seriously this, I mean there won’t really be places that can comply with this. Yeah Texas has some of the highest rates of heat related deaths, they also have some of the hotest hots in the country. Taking the requirement away is just malicious on Abbott’s part, but it likely won’t change anything. My wife worked as a vet for the USDA in Waco for 2-3 years and those cutting floors at the meat processing plants frequently got to 120f during the high summer months. They have a couple of box fans, and water literally everywhere and that’s it. This is an article hitting on a problem, but from the wrong direction.

• artisanrox@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The most “pro-lifiest” thing any pro-lifer can do is let all the construction workers potentially suffer permanent damage or die of sun poisoning. PRAISE!

• exohuman@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And they will still vote for him because their hate towards others is greater than their love for themselves.