Article:
According to sources close to the situation, Shahar “flameZ” Shushan is in the final stage of negotiations with Team Vitality. Previously we reported that flameZ has been exploring his options as his contract with OG expired.

If nothing abruptly changes, Shushan will soon join the French organization for the upcoming Counter-Strike season. According to our information, flameZ will replace Peter “dupreeh” Rasmussen in the roster.

In the past CS:GO season Vitality showed a tremendous performance. The French powerhouse managed to grab a victory at home ground, winning the last CS:GO Major, BLAST.tv Paris Major. Also, they won IEM Rio 2023 and took the second place at BLAST Premier Spring Finals.

Currently Vitality are #1 ranked team in the world both in ESL and HLTV ratings.

• BBKuma@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Wow did not expect this at all. Sad that dupreeh is leaving though, wonder who would pick him up.

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Maybe he changed his mind and decides to retire. He achieved more than any other player in CSGO and he’s a family man now, a child can change a lot.

• arclmpulse@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’d have to imagine retiring since he has a kid now and may want to spend time with his family, but not sure. Guess we’ll have to wait for the official announcement.

• Threep@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

After the major he said he wanted to keep playing unless I am misremembering. So possibly getting kicked? I wonder who liquid is going to get now since I thought it was gonna be flamez.

• madcc@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Honestly I’m not too big of a fan of teams making relatively big changes before the whole CS2 launch happens.