• Stoneykins [any]@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

When conservatives try to mock opinions to their political left by spouting bizarre nonsense that doesn’t make sense, they are trying to discredit those opinions by implying they are also bizarre nonsense that doesn’t make sense. However, since many times those opinions aren’t bizarre and do make sense to anyone who tries to understand them, the only long term effect of the attempt to discredit those opinions is the impression that conservatives do not understand anything, their political opponents least of all.

This comment is a good example of that, because it is definitely nonsense.

• PerCarita
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Seen from my point of view in Europe, both big political parties in the US are economically on the right.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I know we’re so skewed we’re sideways. Thats why I said “opinions to their left” and not just “leftists”.

Please help

• Deftdrummer@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

"long online psychoanalysis that hopefully sports my stance - ‘publicans bad’. Shut the fuck up with your holier than thou mentality.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t really care how triggered you are, what I said is true.

If it’s not true, feel free to point out how, but I don’t expect any response that isn’t just more rude anger because, well, what I said is true.