(Managed to sort out embedded images, had to compress them first)

Welcome to my shitty, dusty garage gym.

Practically all of my kit is from Mirafit and Fitness Superstore (UK). Primarily focused on weightlifting & bodybuilding.

Power rack:

Mirafit M100 Half Power Rack with Cable System.

It’s served me well over the last three years but I’m honestly surprised it hasn’t fallen apart. It’s no longer up for sale through Mirafit or third party retailers, and I can see why. Mirafit use OEM designs and stick their name on it. If you see a half power rack like mine, maybe stay away from it:

The M100 half rack has a lower weight capacity (200KG) than the full M100 (250KG) due to its design. You’ll observe a concerning sway with three or more plates a side. It has miraculously survived 180 KG back squats and rack pulls though it’s definitely not something I could wholeheartedly endorse as a power rack alone. I went for a half rack at the time due to spatial constraints i.e. not having to delicately manoeuvrer a barbell in the confined garage space I have available.

It did come with some bells and whistles, notably the plate-loaded cable / pulley system (with a couple attachments) and incline bench. Power racks with integrated cable systems can be exceptionally versatile provided you have the gear to supplement them:

• Lying ham curl with a chain, ankle straps and an incline bench:

• Seated leg extension with a chain, ankle straps and squat box:

• Cable pull-down if you have a crossbar to keep you in place:

Made some minor alterations to the rack:

• Cut away some metal on the lower pulley housing preventing the lower cable from moving freely
  • Cut the wide bar cable attachment to actually fit within the confines of the rack (it was actually too wide before?!)
  • Picked up some after-market J-hooks to supplement the included barbell holders
  • Plate storage system (though it’s in-line with the barbell(?!); if you don’t walk the bar back enough, you’ll hit it when you squat):

I’ve gotten a tremendous amount of utility of this package as a whole, though it’s let down by the overall flimsiness of the rack. If anyone could recommend a newer, sturdier half rack + cable system, I’d love to hear about it. Mirafit’s newer half-rack designs (or whichever OEM they use) are much better, but tend to lack the pulley system option.

Incline Bench:

Mirafit M150

Decent enough incline bench with a small footprint. Has a total weight total capacity of 260KG and is fairly affordable on its own. The design of this bench makes it somewhat unsuitable for barbell hip thrust from the side, as it has only three ‘feet’, but generally feels stable for most other exercises.

Barbell:

Mirafit M3 7ft 20kg Olympic Barbell (28mm diameter, fine knurl, sprung steel) Lovely bar, no complaints. Generally chalk up for deadlift but it’s a pleasure to use either way.

Bodypower 7ft 20kg Olympic Barbell (30mm diameter, coarse knurl) Was a decent bar with a very coarse knurl. Would shred you up but it did its job. I’ve since handed this over to my cousin.

350KG in plates, bunch of quick release collars

Flooring: ARK Solid Black Rubber Mat CK (With Hidden Handles) X 4 (12mm thick) This was an afterthought and I deeply regret not having them to begin with. Please ensure you have appropriate flooring for your weights area.

Other stuff:

• Olympic dubmmell handles
  • Mirafit Squat box
  • Spinlock and fixed dumbell pairs
  • fuck knows how much in standard (1" diam) plates
  • Dumbbell & barbell storage / stands
  • Additional cable attachments (handles, bars, ropes)
  • Chain belt for dips and chin ups
  • Some old speakers in the corner

I feel like I’m mostly covered but have made some substitutions. I do more working sets of squat in lieu of a plate-loaded leg press and a few exercises to cover the lack of a hack squat machine, but I haven’t been back to a commercial gym since.