Can’t have my tasty coffee becoming bitter due to the massive Reddit logo contaminating the drink, you know.

Reddit mods get a badge, a coffee mug and a blanket. The blanket is now getting destroyed by my cats.

I wonder where I can get a Lemmy mug made…

• AttemptNo209@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So I’m in favor of spurring conversation about how mods are unpaid workers, and this is presented to you instead of pay. Group up with other mods for a class action lawsuit and use that picture as a group chat icon.

• RheingoldRiver@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Honestly, save it. It’s a nice reminder of a time that was. That time is no more, but times change. Treasure the time that used to be.

• Chemical@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Lol I can see there thought process at play.
    _Give them a coffee mug as a sign of thanks and maybe they’ll put coffee in it and work even harder for us_

Seems like a narcissistic (and incredibly cheap) gesture.

• JerkyIsSuperior@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

All that work and dedication for some trinkets? If anything, this has been a lesson not to perform unpaid labor for privately owned companies. Let the mug be a reminder to never do that again.

• Gamers_Mate@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ironically most people would of been fine doing the unpaid mod labor if reddit did not try to take tools way from them. All spez had to do was not do anything to screw over the unpaid mods but he failed.

• gk99@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Because it was never for the “privately owned company” that they were doing the work, it was for the communities. Reddit was just a site where people could go to talk about their favorite subjects or discuss news posted by the users, reddit the company never did anything to improve the site and often made it worse instead.

If reddit is going to make claim that the communities aren’t community-run and are instead owned and regulated by reddit, then mods deserve actual wages and employee status.