Summary:

Miles Morales catapults across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. When the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles must redefine what it means to be a hero.

Director:

Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, Justin K. Thompson

Writers:

Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Dave Callahem

Cast:

• Shameik Moore as Miles Morales
  • Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy
  • Oscar Isaac as Miguel O’Hara
  • Jake Johnson as Peter B. Parker
  • Issa Rae as Jessica Drew
  • Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%

Metacritic: 86

• primscha @beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just came back from the theater. It’s amazing! The visuals and storytelling are great. I appreciate how it’s been well thought-out like the first movie— probably even more.

Shout-out to the random dude who yelled, “Come on!” at the end credits lol.

(Technically not a spoiler but if you want to go into the movie blind…)

spoiler

Sorta felt the same way they did when it said, “to be continued.” But I can’t really complain that there’s more to come.

• mint@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago
      spoiler

it’s weird because at some point the movie WAS called part 1 but I guess it got removed at some point? so my expectations were in check. i think they should have kept it. but I also am happy they didn’t at the same time: really felt like I got to experience a retread of the empire strikes back

• Dingo Fan@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago
        spoiler

I loved the movie but had no idea that this was going to be a multi part event. So when that To Be Continued hit I was a little taken back. Then realized down the road I am going to get another 2 HOURS of this fantastic story.