During the apprehension of Inga-Landi on Tuesday, Sauretti further explained that the man then kept on resisting and protested.

“He said, ‘Let me explain!’ I’m like, ‘There’s nothing to explain. You’re a rapist,’” she recalled to the outlet. “He said, ‘I don’t care.’ I’m like, ‘What do you mean you don’t care? You’re a rapist.’ He said, ‘I don’t care.’”

A group of other residents also reportedly got involved in trying to capture the man, such as a 67-year-old woman kicking Inga-Landi and taking off one of her shoes to hit him with it, the outlet reported.

• seathru@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

“After that, I ain’t gonna lie, everybody just started beating on him,” Flores added, saying they used a belt to tie up his legs.

That warmed my black heart.

• flicker@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 days ago

The 67-year-old woman who started kicking him, then took off a shoe to beat him with… I want to be her when I grow up.

• KevonLooney@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 days ago

These are the people that everyone thought wouldn’t convict Trump. Convicting a white collar criminal is an easy warmup compared to this.

• jordanlund@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

I didn’t realize the wanted poster had his photo until I scrolled down and saw it and I was like “Man, I hope it’s not mistaken identity…”

But then:

“The perpetrator has made statements, after waiving Miranda rights, where he indicated that he has a drug problem, that he found the knife that he used to threaten the two teens, that this was the first time he had ever done anything like this,”

O_O

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 days ago

A group of other residents also reportedly got involved in trying to capture the man, such as a 67-year-old woman kicking Inga-Landi and taking off one of her shoes to hit him with it, the outlet reported.

This brings a tear to my eye. So happy, everybody rejoicing in the beating of a rapist. For the most part, I’m pretty pacifist but I thoroughly approve of this.

• Etterra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

I can just imagine the scene, a bunch of pissed off New Yorkers tackling and kicking a guy while other New Yorkers walk by thinking “only in New York” and some tourist starts losing their freaking mind.

• Cethin@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 days ago

I hope so, but also I feel like the experience itself is probably worth 10 grand.