• Ms. ArmoredThirteen@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I’m sure it has nothing to do with being consistently rejected by society, and even social groups within lgbtq+ communities

• GregorGizeh@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 days ago

Fair points, but this is also a numbers game, and the vast majority of people is not romantically interested, or rather, compatible with them. Seems logical to me that people end up alone more often under those circumstances

• radfrog@lemmy.wtf
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 days ago

You’re a 4X? Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate? Gender is wild nowadays.

• Kaity@leminal.space
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 days ago

So, I’ve let this digest a bit.

I do really like 4X games, especially Stellaris, it is very fun.

On the other hand, I don’t know if people are gonna think I’m a total loser here but, seriously? You know what I meant, and it really feels like you are being trivializing and demeaning. Maybe you are just making light of stuff. But it really just feels like u are making a helicopter joke, and if you are, just leave me alone.

• radfrog@lemmy.wtf
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              3 days ago

Correction, because obviously “problem” should have been plural in my reply. 🙄

• Kaity@leminal.space
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                3 days ago

I admitted in my reply you may have been making a joke and I may be taking things wrong, even though the connotations are there for me to plainly see, giving you a chance to simply reach out and clarify. You are escalating here, cursing at me and telling me I have problems when I’m just calmly reacting to what I saw as your subtle “light” transphobic joke.

Edit: And why not, I’ll answer your question, what are my problems? I’m tired, stressed, overworked, underpaid, exploited, hated, feeling unloved, dealing with dysphoria and dysmorphia, stuck in place, stuck in a body that makes me cry, in pain, worried, at the end of my rope.

And I usually get through it with a smile, I stay positive, I look forward. However many things are going wrong in my life at the moment and I am really struggling.

• solrize@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 days ago

I had always heard that bisexuals had twice the chance of getting a date on Saturday night. TIL.