• dipbeneaththelasers@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I used to be a frolicker like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee.

So keep frolicking by all means just don’t do it in front of surly archers.

• Double_A@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My anxiety tells me that I will pretty sure hurt my self if I do that. Break an ankle, landing with the back on some rock…

• geoffervescent@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Frolicking is awesome, related subject, make sure you check your body for ticks after frolicking and if you find any go get tested for Lyme disease. It’s treatable if you catch it early.

• BunBunInTheSun@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

In general, be aware of the type of ticks in your area as tick borne diseases are spreading geographically. People tend to frolic during nice weather which could also lead to increased exposure to mosquitos and their diseases too. Therefore, please be safe and use an insect repellent and do a thorough check after being in a tick habitat.

In addition to Lyme disease, there’s Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Ehrlichiosis, Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness, Alpha-gal Syndrome, Anaplasmosis, and Babesiosi are the ones I’m aware of in my area but there are more.

• agentshags@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I seen a TT of this on Reddit. Frolicking men. It was great. Frickin frollick all my homies. I’m right beside you. Just watch out for thorns!

• kill@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

@Jormar i was running around next to a mountain river because i was happy and i fell on my knees onto a river stone and my left knee hurt for like 2-3 months

i then proceeded to run on another mountain and almost fall again last month

• Jormar@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

@kill Good for you. I haven’t break any of my bones ever since elementary and I’m planning to keep it that way for as long as possible. Been hearing a lot of stories from relatives who somehow keep breaking their bones over one thing or another as if it’s a yearly event.

• kill@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

@Jormar I’ve never broken a bone. I have, though, gotten wounded many many times because I just have no stop button sometimes.