• THCDenton@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

State regulated marriage is a scam anyway. It’s all about that black market marriage.

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

…until something happens and your significant other is legally a “friend” and you have no power :(

• THCDenton@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

Durable power of attorney, Trust fund, etc. Plenty of options. Bet old gay couples know all the tricks.

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

is this /s ? when did the expectation that every citizen should be hyper-competent at all sorts of things or get fucked become the norm.

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

its actually one of my things. I like social safety nets and I feel those against it just are clueless on what folks can and cannot do. They always had that nannystate thing but its like there are some folks that do need one and we can’t assume everyone can just get their mind right and git gud.

• DeLacue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Yes. Then they’ll try and lower the age for consent and marriage. After that, it’ll be legitimising arranged marriages. Now at first, this might sound like a pedophilia thing but it’s not. Well, at least it’s not completely. It’s more about control and forcing kids into marriages they can’t get out of while they’re too young to properly assert themselves.

• Seleni@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Ever notice how men are told ‘don’t stick your dick in crazy’ (not terrible advice, as far as it goes), but women are told ‘maybe if you just let that guy sleep with you he’d calm down and straighten out’?