#stickyourcloudstorage

• shortwavesurfer@monero.town
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Its true. I bought a phone recently new in box that was released in 2021. I did it because it was a good price and gives me everything i need. Its perfectly fast enough, has enough storage, and has good connectivity and a good screen. I dont need the newest thing and i am absolutely not paying for a “cloud”.

• mortrek@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Any Android phones that are still decent? Somewhat repairable, sd card support, audio jack, and relatively easy to install a mature, non-Google firmware/os on, in the USA?

Pixel doesn’t check those boxes. Fairphone does but who knows if they will commit to the US market… Also quite pricey.

I have a Moto G Stylus 2022, which checks some boxes and is cheap, and has little bloat, but isn’t terribly repairable and cannot easily be fully degoogled, and doesn’t really have a good alternative OS.

• ThePantser@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

decent? Somewhat repairable, sd card support, audio jack, and relatively easy to install a mature, non-Google firmware/os on, in the USA?

Sadly no, you can get close but it’s either some or none of those features