• Zortrox@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I would love Andy Beshear to be the VP. He handled the Covid pandemic awesomely in KY and has been doing a lot of things for greener energy / extreme weather responses. Also, he values education and universal preschool. The only thing I fear is that if he does become VP, KY is going to choose a conservative governor that undoes all he has done.

• silence7@slrpnk.netOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I suspect that the primary concern is whether a VP can bring a few more voters along in a swing state.

• memfree@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I would rather Beshear too, but mostly because I’m less worried about getting Kentucky having a Republican Govenor than I am about Arizona Senator Kelly getting replaced with a Republican Senator if Kelly becomes the VP pick.

• mozz@mbin.grits.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Who the fuck is not concerned about extreme heat at this point who is ANYWHERE near decision making

• zephorah@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

They need a VP with nationwide name recognition. Not this blah only their own state knows who they are crap.

• magnetosphere@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I understand your point, and I know that you’re not just limiting yourself to governors, but a lot of politicians with name recognition are assholes (I’m looking at you, Texas and Florida).

• Bitswap@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

If you don’t know who Mark Kelly is, you’ve been living under a rock and likely don’t read much. Kelly has made national headlines countless times.

• zephorah@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yes ofc, but the other 3? It’s standard status quo for the last 50yrs, VPs with little to no name recognition. Like anyone knew who Hillary’s running mate was.

But sure, Mark Kelly. I still think the power couple ticket is Whitmer on the other half. But that’s probably too much progress for the so called progressive party.

Blast it, get Buttigeig or Whitmer on there. Then the excitement for the ticket will double.