I have used a few SSG framework such as Next and Hugo, and my personal blog is built by Hugo which is based on GO programming language.

IME i’ve noticed the majority of SSG are based on Javascript and Typescript for some reason.

Never thought of Swift as an SSG, but it sounds interesting for me to play with and built a blog or something, and maybe even migrate my current blog to a swift-based SSG if they are as good as, say, Hugo.

Do you guys have any experience with Swift-SSG?

Edit: typos

• Baldur Nil@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I might take a look at this to build something for myself. I saw some comments saying Hugo is “pain and frustration” to work with.

• Mustafa Albazy@programming.devOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

IME to build a site with Hugo is much easier than all other SSGs, specially the JS/TS-based SSGs i find them much harder and complicated to work with. Also, Hugo seems to be much popular with blogs and there are many ready and free to use themes which you can use them as start point then customise from there.

• Baldur Nil@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I settled with Jekyll as it also has multiple themes and seems pretty easy to setup in many operating systems.