In a new leak, Google’s latest foldable, the Pixel 9 Pro Fold, is on full display with its slimmer and symmetrical display bezels.

• nman90@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Looks a lot better than the last fold, hopefully they will have a screen protector on the main display out of the box.

• evo@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

The aspect ratio is an enormous downgrade from last year. Complete deal breaker for me.

• nman90@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

I’m mostly refering to the bezels being thinner looking better, but I can understand the aspect ratio being an issue for people coming from the original.

• MaXimus421@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Ain’t nobody with knowledge of how Google hardware is about to be a first beta tester for this. That’s my opinion, anyway.

• Plopp@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Who wants these foldable phones? I’ve pretty much never heard anyone say they want or desire a phone like this that folds out to become a stupidly small tablet. Phones that fold to get smaller on the other hand, like flip phones. Even i could imagine having one of those if it has a serviceable outer screen.

• agamemnonymous@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

Me. I read a lot of documents. Landscape is annoying, and portrait requires constantly scrolling left and right. E-readers are bigger than I feel like carrying everywhere. I want something that fits in my pocket, but I can use to comfortably read PDFs when I’m in a waiting room or something.

On the other hand, I think the flip phones are basically a stupid gimmick and I can’t imagine a valuable use case. But different people have different needs, so let people value the features they value.

• Plopp@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

so let people value the features they value.

I didn’t know I was preventing anyone from valuing anything. I was just saying I’ve never heard anyone (except maybe Linus Sebastian) say they want one, but I’ve heard many people say they’re not interested in them. And I’ve heard several people want modern equivalents of the flip phone, which also was a very popular format back in the day.