link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

From the article:

Techniques for eyestalk ablation include:

• Pinching the eyestalk, usually half to two-thirds down the eyestalk. This method may leave an open wound.
    • Slitting one eye with a razor blade, then crushing the eyestalk, with thumb and index fingernail, beginning one-half to two-thirds down the eyestalk and moving distally until the contents of eyes have been removed. This method, sometimes called enucleation, leaves behind the transparent exoskeleton so that clotting of haemolymph, and closure of the wound, may occur more rapidly.
    • Cauterizing through the eyestalk with either an electrocautery device or an instrument such as a red-hot wire or forceps. If performed correctly, this method closes the wound and allows scar tissue to form more readily. A variation of this technique is to use scissors or a sharp blade to sever the eyestalk, and then to cauterize the wound.
    • Ligation by tying off the eyestalk tightly with surgical or other thread. This method also has the advantage of immediate wound closure.

Humans and their innovative ways to be ruthless for profit.

• feetongrass@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This fediverse instancing thing needs a lot of getting used to. I created the same account on both places, and now need to make sure which account is active based on which site I clicked the post on. I suppose the solution is to log out of one of the servers and just stay logged in to the other.

• usernamesAreTricky@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Yeah, you don’t need to have two accounts. If you have one account, you can view all communities in other instances (minus anything your instance chooses not to federate with)