Shida lays out a challenge for the Ring of Honor Women’s Champion.

I’ll throw some quotes in the comments.

• Neon_Carnivore@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Such a match would surely have to headline a PPV, if not main event, right? I couldn’t imagine such an awesome match being used on weekly tv unless they did a best of series, which I would also enjoy.

• TellumSiege@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Agreed. I actually think All Out would make a lot of sense. You don’t need a long build for a match that good…especially when there’s two belts involved.

• Cult_of_62@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s way too much of a draw to waste on a random Dynamite IMO. Grand Slam level at the very least.

link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Just the relevant quote. There’s a bit more at the link, including a twelve minute “sit-down” interview with Shida.

Shida plans to be a fighting champion. When asked if there’s anybody in particular she’s eager to wrestle, Shida named the Athena, who is considered by many to be the toughest women’s competitor in AEW/ROH.

“Yeah, actually, I have one name. It’s Athena. Yeah. We had just one single at SHIMMER. It was a long time ago, but I really love that match. I’m watching her for a long time, of course, in AEW but before when she was in the other company, I saw her long time and always she’s good. So yeah, I believe in this reign I wrestle her. I really want to.”

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Absolutely. The only problem is I don’t know who I want to win lol. I lean Shida, but Athena’s incredible too.

• kessleragain@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Haha yeah, as a fan, it’s easy to just think about it being awesome or leaning toward one or the other to win. Booking champ v champ in actuality sounds a bit nightmarish.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

For sure. My guess is that TK would book Shida to win, at least the first match. It would be a bit weird to have your AEW champ lose to your ROH champ, IMO.