• LuciferMorningWood@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If you want to frighten a millionaire put them in a rusting submarine under the ocean of blood with no view on the outside world but a camera. There is something moving just out of your view.

• Metaright@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If anyone ever declares that billionaires got so wealthy because they’re so much inherently smarter than everyone else, just remind them of this debacle.

• TinyPizza@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Who actually gives a shit about the Titanic in the first place? I wish James Cameron would inspire more rich people to send themselves to crush depth.

• rabbithats@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

If you look at images of the submersible, there’s one small porthole to look through and otherwise you’re seeing the wreckage on a TV screen that’s maybe 30" big.

These dopes paid $250k or whatever to basically feel alive for a few hours by sinking to the bottom of the ocean to crummily observe, in the worst possible conditions, a barely visible 100+ year old oceanic gravesite. If anything the risk of death was the primary incentive for the excursion.

• HiddenRetro@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

From a historical perspective Titanic (and other ship wrecks) are interesting. However, I think we need to just leave it alone. To me this is a grave site that people keep visiting.

• poo@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Nope - watching a group of people fucking-around-and-finding-out who could have helped end world hunger instead funneled resources into their own narcissism brings me a little shred of joy

Billionaires are evil, and this is hilarious.