In instructions to Google, Judge Rossignoli says that the company must “adopt the necessary technical means to immediately uninstall from Android systems that report IP addresses in the territory of the Argentine Republic (which can be verified by the IP addresses assigned to this country), the application named Magis TV.”

"What was achieved is an unprecedented court order, which is in the process of being analyzed by Google – we understand that they cannot deny it – which is to uninstall, through the Android operating system update, the application on all devices that have an IP address in Argentina,” [prosecuter Alejandro] Musso says.

• IcyToes@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

I get the bad mods argument but tarring a whole community based on this isn’t cool.

Don’t get me wrong, .world has some really big ass hats and questionable moderation, but it doesn’t mean all their users are bad.

• yeather@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 hours ago

Yes, however the .ml community as a whole is trash. Good users are closer to the exception than the rule.

• IcyToes@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            4 hours ago

If everyone you look at is trash, either they are, or you are. You’d need some self-awareness and comprehension of the history of Lemmy (including the fact that Lemmy.ml was the main instance before the influx, and after, Lemmy.world had major reliability issues for a while). Many people ended up on ml and don’t really suffer the red scares.

The amount of “I got banned off ml for saying x. Didn’t realise it was as bad as Reddit which I also got banned off multiple times”. I mean if folks are getting banned of a right wing cess pool and a left wing instance, is the issue the instances, or them.

• yeather@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 hours ago

If we want to go that route, the vocal minirity of the instance ruins it for the rest of them. A few bad apples spoils the bunch. Also, it should be noted many of the .ml accounts made in the wake of thr Reddit Exodus are lurkers or have swapped instances. So yes, .ml consistently has a worse community and a worse mod team compared to other instances, and I have no desire to interact with them.