• where_am_i@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

Turns out those are MRI machines, but they’re at their regular price of 2mil per piece. 15 MRI machines is a lot. There are many hospitals even in the developed countries that can afford exactly one. And many that don’t have one at all.

• lennybird@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

This is a huge deal. I remember watching early on in the war and one neurosurgeon was using a single CT scanner well beyond its duty cycle and knew once it went down they’d be screwed. MRIs by contrast (heh) are a massive step up.

• RubberDuck@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 days ago

The neurosurgical microscopes can do a lot of good there. Those modern things even allow remove viewing, experts across the globe can assist.

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

Inb4 tankies say it’s a western plot to give Ukraine nukes (or something, idk how to predict the tankie brain-worms).

• john89@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

I swear, some of you people are just arguing with yourselves at this point.

It’s like playing leapfrog when nobody else is there.

• StupidBrotherInLaw@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 day ago

I can’t understand why some Lemmy users feel the need to invent new things the tankies might say or do. It reminds me of American MAGA folk: they take a perceived problem, vastly magnify it by fabricating further falsehoods, then engage in a circle jerk where they all seem to feel superior for identifying this massive problem that they largely imagined up.

I suppose it’s a lazy way to get easy engagement, but it’s dishonest and gross. Let tankies be accountable for what they actually do, lying about them makes you just as bad.

Edit: I didn’t notice at first, but of course it’s YeetPics, the alt of PugJesus, one of the .world tankie rabble rousers. Check their post history, they seemingly just can’t stop talking about tankies. Maybe it’s a kink?