• DJDarren@thelemmy.club
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 hours ago

The small print at the bottom of the page is quite something.

Trump Watches are not designed, manufactured, distributed or sold by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization or any of their respective affiliates or principals. TheBestWatchesonEarth LLC uses the “Trump” name, image and likeness under a paid license agreement which may be terminated or revoked according to its terms. Trump Watches are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment purposes. The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. These watches are not political and have nothing to do with any political campaign

• iAvicenna@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

“TheBestWatchesonEarth” I can already imagine how tasteful the watches are based on the company name

• BorgDrone@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      13 hours ago

Trump Watches are intended as collectible items for individual enjoyment only, not for investment purposes. The images shown are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.

So they are absolute trash.

• ayyy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      12 hours ago

Wait we’re allowed to just declare that something isn’t political? Neat! I declare access to abortions to be non-political as well.

• Good_morning@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 hours ago

So he’s not seen as the one to directly profit from it, but can still make a quick buck on the licensing and play dumb when the watches are worthless crap

• boonhet@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 hours ago

Fuck me, at this point I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard to just… create a website selling expensive ass Trump shit and in reality dropship it from Aliexpress

I mean there’s probably a bunch of people doing it, but I wonder how hard it would be to do it without, y’know, any legal trouble.

• cultsuperstar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 hours ago

“These watches are not designed to give accurate time and should not be used to tell time or keep track of time.”

• brbposting@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 hours ago

Probably the least political offer I’ve ever read

Neither politics nor candidates come anywhere close to mind