This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/tifu by /u/WorkingBasil2598 on 2024-09-29 02:23:44+00:00.

Not necessarily today (In fact it was July 2024 a day before my birthday), I (M15) was talking to my girlfriend at the time (F15), and was trying to have a “serious conversation” about something I have noticed and thought I should have confronted her about. She shoplifted like a 5$ keychain, when she had so much money in her purse. I didn’t find out about this until later that day when we hopped on a facetime call and she showed the keychain to me. And I was like “Oh that’s cute, where did you get it?”, and she got all weird. She told me that she stole it and how much it was. And initially I didn’t say anything about it, but I was honestly irked. The next day (The day before my birthday), I confronted her shoplifting the dumb keychain. And she said “Its not my fault, its just how I was raised”, and I got pissed off and told her to take accountability for her actions instead of blaming other people for her mistakes, then she “took accountability” by blaming it on her mental illnesses, which IMO shouldn’t be ones scapegoat, and that’s not taking REAL accountability for your actions. Which I told her. And we got into the worst fight in my life, and even though it was just words…It felt like I was hit by a train. At the end of the fight, she told me that she wanted to break up and blocked me. Which hurt even more. And that effected my birthday the next day, I felt super depressed and didn’t want to do anything.

TL;DR: I told my GF that i didnt like her shoplifting and she got mad about it.

This has been on my mind for a while, Reddit. She has me feeling like I’m in the wrong. Am I?