• woodnote@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Yeah except oyster and other shellfish shells should be returned to the ocean to decompose and alkalize the waters from which they were harvested. Surely there are other means of creating white paint for roofs and then two benefits could be gained for the environment.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

“This technology is just pretty old actually, but this is quite innovative to make it so technical,” says Julien Martin Cocher, deputy CEO of Cool Roof France.

Cool Roof France (CRF) is on a mission to reduce the ambient temperature inside buildings in a sustainable and cost effective way.

In France, the company has worked closely with the police and government to paint the roof of a sniffer dog handling unit.

Currently, Cool Roof France mainly works with businesses, schools and hospitals to reduce the temperature inside buildings filled with hundreds of people.

The company also uses 10 per cent of its profits to help fund projects to support people living in heat vulnerable areas.

“Last year we went to Senegal, painting 30,000 square metres of buildings, schools, hospitals, individual houses and just to help people because this is part of our DNA,” says Julien.

The original article contains 776 words, the summary contains 145 words. Saved 81%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!