This is an automated archive made by the Lemmit Bot.

The original was posted on /r/hfy by /u/MrIzuarel on 2024-10-17 15:44:37+00:00.

Chapter 75

It was a normal afternoon. The sun was shining down, and a few clouds made sure there were enough shadows to not be too warm in the capitol.

It could not have been a more normal day in that city, to be precise, at least until one of the guard posts suddenly started to strike the alarm bell. Then another one followed the signal of the first one. In mere seconds, multiple posts were ringing the alarm bells like crazy.

Citizens knew that sound very well, but in the last year, it had been so calm and quiet that a few of them wondered what the sound was. Then, after the realization hit them, panic started.

It even became worse when the civilians noticed about a hundred flying monsters in the sky, coming down on them and causing everyone to be in a state of chaos. Confusion, screams, and frenzy were the norm at that moment.

On the other hand, I was feeling great. I had instructed the girls not to harm anybody if possible. I was not an idiot and predicted that everything would end up in a peaceful way, but I hoped it would.

The girls started to concentrate around the temple, and thankfully, the quest marks were there. I was not certain about what to expect inside, but at least that part was good.

The people had fled to the temple and tried to close the doors, hoping it would keep me out. It didn’t. I gracefully landed in front of the temple and marched forward. The doors were closed, heavily reinforced doors, but it didn’t matter. My status points were so high that I would be able to push it open even if it was made out of lead and tungsten.

The temple in this city was most likely built to be a shelter, but the people here weren’t in danger.

I could feel resistance behind the doors, but in the end, it was negligible. I purposefully opened it vers slowly. I didn’t want to harm the people behind it unnecessarily. With a loud trump, the doors were opened, and I stepped in.

The people were terrified, and many parents were protecting their children, and husbands were shielding their wifes. I gave a simple look around before marching towards my goal.

It was almost magical how everybody was pushing each other around to let me through the masses. Many left, but a few were stuck inside the temple without being able to flee.

I reached my first goal and was a bit surprised. The space was small, but it was closed off by metal rods, going from the ground to about twice the height of a human being. I didn’t care much about it. I was 2 meters away from the obstacle and about two more from the tomb, and I could already accept the quest. I didn’t need to touch it.

I came to the sarcophagus of the first hero. I had mentally trained myself for this precise situation and stretched my hand out before accepting the reward. Just like planned, I took out the divine crystal and kept it in my hand to show it to the people observing me.

That crystal had the look of an erupted volcano, or maybe a misshapen hourglass. Well, it didn’t matter.

I was not hiding anything I was doing, so I walked over to the other sarcophagus and repeated the same movements. This crystal there was almost spherical.

Having done my part inside the temple, I moved slowly towards the outside.

Many of the refugees had left, but I could see that they were frozen at the door, seeing how I wasn’t alone here.

I came out, and with a big satisfaction, I could see how a larger group of soldiers moved towards the temple.

“Be ready to strike at my signal, soldiers. We are almost at the cathedral.”

So, a cathedral and not a temple? Alright. I won’t call it a temple anymore.

I was ready to play my part now. I took a deep breath while waiting for them to come closer, then I raised my voice loud enough for them and anyone around to her what I had to say.

“Raise your weapons against us, and I will order them to massacre anyone and every soul in this city, soldier.”

I could see them shocked by my voice. Even I was a bit surprised how blood chilling and vicious it sounded when speaking that loud.

They were surprised, shocked by my voice, and stopped in their movements. I simply made a gesture to them to come closer.

“Come here! I wish to exchange words before I am forced to let blood flow on the floor. Come closer and talk.”

They looked a bit unsure what to do, but one of them marched forward and came closer. I allowed him to get closer, then barked my next order.

“That’s enough. Who am I talking to?”

The soldier in front of me was a few meters away from me. I could allow him to come closer, but I wanted to talk loud enough for everybody around me to listen.

“I am private first class Gumaro. Who am I talking to?”

“I am a humble servant of her majesty, the seventh queen of the swarm. I am here by the orders of his honor, the royal price consort of the queen. As for a name, I have none as we individuals from the swarm don’t need such primitive help.”

“So how shall I address you? As servant?”

“If you so wish, then do it.”

He nodded.

“What are you doing here, servant?”

"The prince consort had been obducted by your folk almost two years ago, and since then, he has been searching for a way back. He managed to open a passage towards our queen, but it is not big enough for him to leave yet.

He needs a source of power to open the passage long and big enough for him to leave. As such, he ordered me to find such rare treasures and bring them to him."

I lifted both my hands and showed the two divine crystals.

“Is this what you came for?”

“Yes.”

“Will you leave peacefully with it?”

“I was ordered to not harm sentient beings, such as yourself or the people of this city. But it doesn’t mean I can not cause harm if I am provoked in any way.”

The soldier seemed a bit uncertain about what to do next.

“What would you do if I demanded those treasures back?”

First / Previous / Index / Next