• jacobaaron@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Lucci is the biggest rat. Sucks to see Stussy out of action. Sanji with the quick thinking putting Kaku out of the action is so big brained. Also did not have Zoro fighting Lucci on my bingo card at all. A surprise to be sure but a welcome one. Can’t really tell if Luffy used advanced arnament or conquerors there but looks like Kizaru easily blocked it and Luffy saying they’re 100x stronger as a callback to what Shakky said all those chapters ago is hype. Sucks to see another break but the live action coming out helps

• Fais@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

New anime ep soon too.

But yo Lucci sticking to his code is great. He’s an amazing slimy shot

• InvaderDJ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

A rare TCB early release. Nice to see.

Unfortunately we have a break next week, but hopefully with the Live Action out and Oda having a few weeks since his eye surgery, we get back to normal after this one.

This was a fun raising of the stakes chapter. Kizaru does seem genuinely pained that he had to son Sentomaru here, but he is still loyal to the government. Speaking of loyal, the World Government really needs to double Lucci’s paycheck. The man is loyal to the government to an absurd degree, even though he really has no reason to.

The panic is starting to set up with the Strawhats. They clearly have some trauma from how badly Kizaru destroyed them at Saobody. Even Luffy seemed to be panic eating before their clash. And it looks like (although it’s always hard to tell) that he went with a conqueror’s haki attack against Kizaru right away, and it’s effortlessly being blocked. If something doesn’t interrupt this fight, we could be in for a real scrap.

Speaking of interruptions, they need to knock out York and get Vegapunk to reprogram the Seraphim like right now. This chapter re-enforced it with Kizaru, if the original order giver is unconscious/dead even someone of lower rank can give orders. So that should be no problem for Vegapunk. And with the laser defense up, it seems like the only enemies the Strawhats need to worry about right now are Kizaru and Lucci. All four Seraphim should be able to at least give the team some breathing room to get the dome down, then Vegapunk can order the Seraphm to self destruct or just go into their bubbles again so Saturn doesn’t get them.

• Fais@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

The pacifista as a huge power shift really emphasizes how big this battle actually is. It’s a straight up war. Seraphim aside, the pacifists army is extremely important.

I don’t think the authority chip is going to make a dent because Saturn is there and he can control the seraphim AND pacifists. Oda’s prepping Saturn up as a huge chekov gun. Straw hats might win the fight and escape, but I think thr navy may get their objective minus York. York is gonna be caribou prisoner friend lol

• InvaderDJ@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I don’t think the authority chip is going to make a dent because Saturn is there and he can control the seraphim AND pacifists.

But Saturn can’t get into the lab until the laser defense is down seemingly. And the Seraphim can’t be controlled over Den Den Mushi, it seems like they need to be commanded directly. So they could be useful to give the Strawhats some breathing room with Kizaru and Lucci until the shield is down and they can escape.

Straw hats might win the fight and escape, but I think thr navy may get their objective minus York.

Absolutely. At max, the Strawhats might escape with the Stella, but the WG is definitely getting York and the Mother Flame.

• Fais@lemm.eeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I think they’ll get everything EXCEPT York. Ain’t no way they letting her go. Plus it’ll give the WG a need to go after Luffy

• InvaderDJ@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

You mean the WG will get everything but not York?

If so, I disagree. Even though the Marines and WG have been getting some hype lately, they still can’t afford to lose a Vegapunk. I think them getting York, the Mother Flame, Egghead, etc but the Strawhats having a good showing and getting away with the Stella is a good ending. It allows the WG to keep their WMD capability, but at the same time the Strawhats have the original Vegapunk and the source of all this technology. If they go to Elbaf and York tells the WG that was their plan…then we could get a true endgame scenario.

30k Marines, an Admiral and Saturn is huge. But for this? We could see the Holy Knights mobilized, multiple Admirals, maybe even Akainu all pulling up. All to stop Vegapunk from revealing the true history of the world and Saul from revealing any more information about the last poneglyph and Laugh Tale.

This way, both sides look good and we keep the tension going and even escalating.

• bonus_crab@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Damn big brain sanji shut kaku out of the fight before he could even get up.

We’re probably going to have some skirmishes until that dome comes down, then shit will hit the fan with saturn and 10 vice admirals and 50 pacifistas flooding in.

• DeadWorld@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Didnt expect this so early. Great chapter, only to one again be confronted with this series greatest villain, “Break next week”, but i hope Oda can get some rest.

Love the color spread this week, but I cant seem to find Robin. I like how Nami can act goofy with the boys but I wanna see Robin having fun as well.

• secondaccountlemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Fucking Lucci man… hopefully Zoro just mutilates the guy.

Since Kizaru is alone I hope that Luffy doesnt 1v1 him because that would delay the escape. Jimbei and Sanji should be able to help but I doubt it would happen.

Hoping for some Franky moments here as well.