North Korea has announced that it conducted a simulated “tactical nuclear attack” drill with two long-range missiles equipped with mock atomic warheads.

The KCNA news agency, in a report on Sunday, said the drill was carried out early on Saturday to “warn enemies” that the country would be prepared in case of nuclear war and pledged again to bolster military deterrence against South Korea and the United States.

The two cruise missiles carrying mock nuclear warheads were fired towards the West Sea off the peninsula and flew 1,500km (930 miles) at a preset altitude of 150 metres, it said.

The launches were the latest in a series of missile tests and military exercises conducted by Pyongyang in recent weeks, including a failed spy satellite launch late last month.

• LinusWorks4Mo@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

looks like their perpetual famine is worse again and kimmy is creating a distraction for his people that the west is about to invade. this time for real…

• Nepenthe@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Prepared for what during a nuclear war. There is nobody they could fire on that’s less militarily prepared than they are themselves. I’d be shocked if anyone actually remembers to think about them except when they saber rattle. And even then, it’s not in a worried way like they want. I find myself cheering on every threat like a doting uncle at the special olympics.

I’d originally intended to make the joke that North Korea is like if Canada had a goatee, but Canada has allies.