cross-posted from: all over the fediverse

(I think this is probably an okay place to post this, lmk if not)

Looking for collaborators to create a new instance of Lemmy. Among other things this instance will differ from existing ones by having a self-governing structure. Check out the very rough draft linked below to learn about my current vision for this community. Much on the doc will change based on other people’s ideas. This community’s goal is for it to belong to the community. No specific skills needed, but please read through the concept outline before getting in touch. Any type of contribution is amazing. You just have to be interested. Join me in creating a unique and innovative platform.

• Communist@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m interested, but what would this self-governing entail? How would you stop abuse of the system?

• metaltoilet@beehaw.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Well much of that would have to be decided by the community but different anarchist ideas could be tested. One idea could be Regular Soritition of admins/mods who are in charge of removing posts that need to be removed, etc. All decisions could be debated by all members of the community who use consensus voting to override admin decisions or decide the direction the community goes in.

As for abuse of the system, that could mean a lot of different things. Could you give me an example of what you’re referring to?

(btw is the link working for you? others have said it’s broken but it works on my end)