• galaxi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I love the color here. I’ve never been past Vancouver but I’d love to go out to Jasper. It looks so pretty. I would say as far as photography goes, one tip I’ve heard is to try to have a focal point. Your focal point here seems to be the mountain, but it’s getting distracted by some of the noise in front. I would try to make the focal point more distinct and obvious, and make sure you don’t have other elements competing for attention (like bushes/trees). Try to get rid of any clutter when framing the shot. Or if you do have framing, make it look intentional. Line things up between trees if needed. It seems like you did a bit of framing here, but I would try to get it to be brighter and look more intentional and fuller. The best focal points will have lines in the photo pointing towards them, like a road points to a spot on the horizon.

Similarly, you could have a branch in front of the mountain, but if you’re doing something like that I would suggest to keep the branch in focus and the mountain blurred out (so the branch would be the subject). Etc. I hope that makes sense!