• Strayson@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Not against same-sex marriage or allowing homosexual relationships, but i dislike the radical direction and indoctrination of gender ideology and disdain for the family unit and traditional values and culture spreading widely across the west.

Southeast Asia and Asian nations in general have so far been quite conservative on this front. It’s good to see progress on decriminalising homosexuality, but let’s not forget how quickly things can escalate into insanity. I hope that our asian friends can learn how things can go bad if they move too quickly and radically in the opposite directon, like what the US is having right now. I would expect the Far East will be more cautious in allowing these pathological radical leftist ideologies spread across their youth, knowing how it is destroiyng the fabric of western society (which is partly the reason why the future leading nation of the world will be China in the coming decades)

• Jourei@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Letting nature be the way nature is can only enhance a society. Trying to force people into one box increases stress and unrest, this can be seen when we compare nations who are more lenient on the diversity of gender, sexuality and romanticism, vs nations that try to control people. I am of course not saying this is the only key to have a stable nation, but one in many. Of course, if your society is built on top of a strict set of rules that everyone must oblige on, that society will unfortunately crumble eventually. I can’t think of a place that has such a culture or society, that would fail because of people being queer.

I would also like to address some of your wordings, this is not an ideology, let alone a radical one. It is everyone’s personal experience in life. Similar to being left handed, having blue eyes or being unable to discern some shades of color. In other words, features that are set before one is born. Instead, an ideology is something we have decided upon. For example, an ideology for a perfect life is to have a 9 to 5 job, a family that only consist of one man, one woman and multiple kids, which all live in a house they own. This is not a natural evolution of life but a man-made setup. I specifically chose an ideology from 1950’s USA, I’m sure you see this is not how it works today as it is not achievable by everyone, and so the ideology of a perfect life has changed. I hope yours will too, some day.

• afraid_of_zombies2@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Homosexuals existing and wanting the same rights is not insanity or radical. It is basic human dignity.

What religion are you a member of?

• Strayson@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

You did not understand the point of the comment. It is not a matter of wanting the same rights, it is no longer a matter of equality. It is a matter of world view. One thing is to want same civil rights for homosexuals, and the other is to promote an ideology of disdain towards the founding principles of civilisation while doing so, which is what the american and european left is doing. It is far more complex than that, there is a wider agenda behind the lgbtq lobby that goes well beyond the classic struggle for civil rights equality.

Your comment is triyng to frame the conversation assuming things that i never even implied. You should work on your reading comprehension.

• Niello@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

It is because you speak nonsense. It is a matter of rights. This video alone is literally about celebrating gay sex being decriminalise. Many countries around the world still ban many things and prosecute gay people. People like you simply don’t live in reality and poorly attempt to disguise your homophobia so you don’t feel like you are in the wrong when you ARE fucking in the wrong, morally and factually.

If you think it isn’t about rights then why don’t you force everyone to never have sex period? And while you’re at it advocate for no one to get married as well, with death being the penalty. Stop being such a hypocrite.

• citsuah@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Can you be precise please? what exactly is this “lgbtq lobby”? what is their “agenda”? What founding principles of civilization are being held in disdain? Are you referring to the patriarchal gender roles which confines women to the home and being baby factories? That seeks to remove they’re reproductive rights and bodily autonomy? Or the idea that there is only two correct expressions of gender identity and anything falling outside of this binary is somehow degenerate? Why don’t you speak frankly, what are you referring to specifically?

• Arcenus@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

It’s clear he is just a bigot and is trying to hide that bigotry behind half baked rationalizations. We will not get a clear answer from him as anything specific can be disproven easily.

• Niello@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Speak for yourself. Thailand is doing well, thank you very much. How about blaming the people who want to force things on other people when they have no business doing so, rather than people who want to decide who they are themselves and others who support them having control over their lives for a chance?