I’m sure there’s lots of changes going on in the background but so far, amazing is not the word I’d use…

• probodyne@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think we can really draw a conclusion on whether vasseur has done a good job until next year. He hasn’t had a chance to direct a car from the start yet, and Ferrari isn’t really in a competitive position so any strategy screwup isn’t going to be as noticeable.

• c0mpufreak@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Agree. Ferrari has had some trademark Ferrari things happening these past races, however, Vasseur does seem to make some changes behind the scenes. Let’s see where they’ll come out in 24

• Xenxs@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Good point… “It’s amazing how we messed up so much of our progress”

• _ed@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I just keep thinking of the Vettel episode of DTS with the ferrari marketing/minders and how he wasn’t really giving a flying.

• Acetamide@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Amazing in their continuing mediocrity… I would give up my spleen (okay, maybe Leclerc’s spleen) to just see them win a championship again. It doesn’t even need to be absolutely decisively.

• Xenxs@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah same here. I’ve been a Ferrari fan for over 30 years, before the Schumacher era started. It was great experiencing that sort of dominance but after the Mercedes and now RB era, I understand how boring that must have been for others. Right now, I’d love to see 3-4 teams battles for the constructor’s championship until the last race.

• Inori@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If only Ferrari F1 performed as well as the Le Mans team did today.