• Careve@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Just getting into NBA, why is Giannis unlikely? isn’t he stalling over the new contract?

• secondaccountlemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Giannis is a lifer if I ever saw one. He already won a chip and is basically a god to Milwaukee now. He’s cut from the same cloth as Dirk and Steph.

• theragu40@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

He’s also on record plenty of times not enjoying the big city life and doesn’t seem interested in hanging out with other players that aren’t on his team. He’s a stay at home family guy.

That’s not to say it’s impossible. As a bucks fan I want him to stay forever but I understand there’s a real chance he leaves someday.

But he’s not going to be swayed to a shitty team just for money or just for the city like some players would. It would need to legitimately be the best chance for him to win, which I really don’t think the Knicks are that.

• pdxfed@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Mitchell’s a young socialite. Embiid has a chip…ok his shoulder after last year’s collapse and you can just tell us burning to win. “Win and chip” and “NY” are about the weakest correlation you could get. Definitely see Mitchell, remote Embiid chance, Giannis never goes there or anyone else who knows what quality, winning and support looks like.

• RandAlThor@lemmy.caM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Not sure. Giannis said he wants to be on a team ready to compete for a championship. I don’t see it on this Knicks roster even if they don’t remove anyone and stick Giannis in there.

• TAG@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I am sure that the Knicks will trade/waive their entire roster in hopes of getting all three.

As much as I meant that as a joke, they just might.