Hi everyone, first time posting a rice ever, it is not actually done, but I wanted to share with those, that like me, wanted to use eww as a bar but was not able, because it does not had a system tray.

The feature development is almost done, actualy I think it is just waiting to be merged. The feature is being develop by the Github user ralismark, and you can try it already by building it from ralismark’s branch.

Hope you’ll like my rice project, I’ll be back to post it again when it is finished.

• priapus@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve been waiting for the systray so I can switch to Eww! I can never make something that looks nice with Polybar, and Waybar is only a bit better for me. Plus Polybars systray fails to show Wine apps a lot for some reason. I’m gonna add his branch of Eww to my Nix configuration, since it has a flake.nix it’ll be easy.

• Gentoo1337@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

How did you install it? Afaik you have to use rust nightly and compile it. I’m fine with compiling it but switching to rust nightly is something I’m not really sure if i’ts a good idea, since my package manager wouldn’t be managing rust stuff and I fear some things may break.

• Nibodhika@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Fuck you man… I was perfectly happy with my crappy default i3 bar for years, why did you have to show me that!? Hahahaha. Nice setup btw, loved the clean aesthetic and the color pallet.

Every time I tried to switch my bar I have found one issue or another in which it might be prettier but it’s less functional, but I never heard of eww before so I’ll definitely give it a go.