• Cloudless ☼@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Chinese companies (yes I am generalizing) seem to be weak in typography. I keep seeing products designed in China using weird and ugly fonts.

• HiddenTower@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Look for some rom hacks to make things easier, or figure out cheats for quick level gain, etc. Older RPGs have a lot of grind and I’m just not into that anymore.

I originally looked in SRPG/Tactical RPGs because I wanted the battles to be fewer & more meaningful. Check out Disgaea 1 on the PSP, it’s the best I’ve found of this.

• GlennMagusHarvey@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

the turbo button is a beautiful invention

Sidenote: At least some of the Trails games seem to have a built-in turbo function. As well as run. So you can actually turbo and run if you’re just moving around. (IIRC I know this is in the first two Sky games. I hope it’s in the rest of them but I haven’t played them yet.)

• kratoz29@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The good thing about RPGs is that they are pretty easy to pick up and do some burst sessions though… Unless it is very story heavy and you leave it out for long periods lol.

• Skyline969@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh man. I’m so torn between the purple and the grey 35XX. Both a love letter to great handhelds.

• jecxjo@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I just got the 353V a week ago. Great device, same form factor as OP with two analog sticks at the bottom for games that need them. Think I might pick up a few more so the kids will stop stealing mine.

• LanyrdSkynrd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Not OP, but I have this handheld and it’s pretty great. I think its the 2nd best retro handheld in a package similar to the OG Gameboy, but is much easier/cheaper to find than the miyoo mini. There are a few little things I dislike about it, mostly relating to the software. GarlicOS improves it but still has a few weird quirks.

• dobeltip@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yes it’s Anbernic, so far i love this little device. Good screen and decent buttons. Got this in good price, Miyoo mini are twice the price to where i live.

• rubikcuber@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m also not OP but I have one of these. Also using GarlicOS. Took a bit of tweaking the get things set up, but loving it. I’d definitely recommend, but you may need to fiddle to get it working exactly right. Struggles with some PS1 titles, but otherwise excellent.

• Dangdoggo@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

That looks like a beautiful handheld device designed to run SNES ROMs running Chrono Trigger. Maybe a kickstarter fabrication or somebody makes them to order? It looks so nice that display panel is c r i s p

Edit: It’s a 35XX