• Gerryflap@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not too surprised that Nyck is under pressure tbh. Alpha Tauri picking up Nyck was already a bit of a surprise for me, since they have quite some talent at the ready. His Monza race was amazing, but I think people extrapolated a bit too much from that one race.

As a Dutchman I do hope that Nyck manages to turn this around though. Having two Dutch drivers in F1 is very cool

• EyesEyesBaby@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I can’t stand Nyck. In his “standing behind Toto” days he always made the impression that he thinks he should belong in F1.

• Zyratoxx@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I just find it hilarious how Netflix hyped him up against Tsunoda and how he’s performing irl

Just another DTS moment

• Thorry84@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Agreed, for years we had to listen to this guy telling us how good he was, he deserved a seat in F1 but it just didn’t work out, etc. He even once claimed he could take the fight to Verstappen, if he would just get a good car. Now he finally gets his seat and he’s mediocre to poor. Sure he’s a rookie, but he has way more experience than most rookies ever had. It’s also one or the other, either you drive fast but make dumb mistakes because of a lack of experience. Or you drive a bit slower, but finish all the races, stay out of trouble and focus on getting the car home and getting better at what you do. But with Nyck it’s both, he’s both slow and makes dumb mistakes. He has confirmed he doesn’t belong in F1 and I’ll be surprised if they let him finish the season.

• itsmikeyd@lemmy.mlM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If I’m DRIC, I’m thinking that Perez’ seat is looking uncomfortable, and that I should be pushing hard for the AT seat for the rest of the season to prove what I can do.

• Morningcoffee@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I feel for the guy but I think De Vries might be out by the summer break.

I’m hoping for Lawson as a replacement, interested to see what he can do.